The KraftMaid Cabinetry project showcased three major divisions within Wasatch Electric. We successfully completed all of the high-voltage work; met all medium-voltage requirements; and provided all of the low-voltage and systems install.
Scope of Work
The scope for high-voltage services featured a new substation and also included:
- Tapping a Rocky Mountain Power 138-kV line
- Installation and furnishing of a 16-MVA step down transformer with associated switches and equipment
- Six transformers for six main electrical rooms
- Power panels for all plant lighting and power, including manufacturing machinery and tools
Inside the plant, our medium- and low-voltage teams collaborated to provide:
- 2,308 high bay fixtures for production areas
- Power for two regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) air scrubber units
- Power for 11 dust collection units
- Power and wiring for over 800 individual production tools
- Data cabling
- Phone system
- Fire alarm system
The ability to leverage all three of our major service divisions in one project was unique opportunity for our teams to collaborate and provide a comprehensive, single-source electrical solution for the 865,000-square-foot facility.
Click through the above gallery to view additional pictures from this project.